Adaptive is proud to partner with industry leaders to respond to this global health pandemic
At Adaptive, we are leveraging the immune system’s natural ability to detect and treat disease to develop clinical products. Understanding the immune response to COVID-19 may lead to solutions to accelerate progress against the disease.
We are pursuing two separate but synergistic applications of our immune medicine platform to combat COVID-19:
- In March 2020, we extended our existing partnership with Microsoft to decode the immune system’s response to COVID-19 and potentially develop a more sensitive diagnostic that can detect disease earlier or indicate who has been previously infected.
- In April 2020, we began to leverage our platform’s drug discovery capabilities to screen for antibody therapies for COVID-19.
The first T-cell based clinical test that can confirm past infections with SARS-CoV-2
T cells are the first responders of the adaptive immune system and initiate the antibody response. The T-Detect COVID Test is a highly sensitive and specific test that can detect the specific T cell signature in response to SARS-CoV-2. Of the many COVID tests available, the T-Detect COVID Test is the first test that detects T cells to determine recent or past infection with COVID. The T-Detect COVID Test is available for employers, healthcare professionals, and consumers. Early access is available now.
Decoding the Immune Response to COVID-19
A group of industry leaders has come together to accelerate this critical effort.
- Internal research: Utilizing our MIRA technology, we will identify coronavirus-specific (immunogenic) antigens and T-cell receptors that react to those antigens.
- Our ImmuneRACE Study: Through our sponsored study, we will collect de-identified blood samples and nasal or throat swabs from individuals who are currently fighting, have recently recovered from, or have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Partnerships with participating institutions: We are partnering with institutions around the world to secure patient samples.
- A key goal of the ImmuneCODE Program is to enable scientific researchers around the world to further their own research to enable the more effective diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of COVID-19 through free, open sharing of population-level immune response data. Read more about the data we are sharing here.
Reach out to discuss contributing samples
Comprehensive view of SARS-CoV-2 specific antigen and TCR sequence level data
T cells are the adaptive immune system’s first responders to any virus, circulating in the blood to detect and quickly multiply to attack the virus, often before symptoms appear. Adaptive’s unique MIRA™ technology and immunoSEQ® Technology has enabled us to create the comprehensive view of the T-cell response to SARS-CoV-2 infection. This data has been made public as part of ImmuneCODE in order to help propel drug, vaccine, and clinical trial research. We are launching immunoSEQ T-MAP™ COVID with the tools to study and analyze the COVID-19 T-cell immune response map.
- SARS-CoV-2-specific Antigen-TCR sequence-level data
Quantitative sequence level data for TCR repertoires for SARS-CoV-2-specific antigens
- Monitor immunologic response to SARS-CoV-2 infection or vaccine
Track COVID-19 specific TCR sequences longitudinally
- Dive into Patient, Population, or Cohort-level data
Determine TCR clones shared between cohorts & those that are Public vs Private clones
Learn about launching immunoSEQ T-MAP™ COVID
MIRA, immunoSEQ and immunoSEQ T-MAP COVID are all RUO